This post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon Associates. This means that I will make a small commission from any purchases you make, at no extra cost to you.
The boujie city of Dalat in Southern Vietnam was originally built as a French report town during Vietnam’s French colonial period. There is definitely a distinct European feel to it but Dalat travel is still 100% a must when travelling through Vietnam!
The Da Lat weather is a lot different to there rest of Vietnam. At 1500m above sea level Dalat city has a much higher altitude than other locations in Vietnam. Therefore the Da Lat temperature rarely exceeds 25ºC. There are plenty of things to do in Dalat so keep reading for 8 Dalat attractions that really are MUSTS!
1. DALAT CANYONING
Cost – $70 – 80 (the price varies depending on who you book with!)
Dalat Canyoning just had to come top of my list of Dalat attractions. It is the most popular activity in Dalat so is unmissable really. I would say it is definitely worth the money as it really is a once in a lifetime experience! Check out my Canyoning Film on youtube.
The day consists of abseiling down waterfalls then floating down rivers, followed by jumping off waterfalls. You also get lunch included and my group got taken to an all you can eat vegetarian buffet – an amazing Dalat restaurant! It ended up being one of my highlights of Southeast Asia.
My advice for Dalat Canyoning would be:
- Wear shoes you don’t care about because they get soaked
- Take a towel
- Wear swimwear
- Take a change of clothes to wear afterwards
2. Stay at Dalat Friendly Fun Hostel
Cost – £4 / night with free breakfast
Although not a stereotypical ‘attraction’ the experience of staying at this hostel was truly wonderful! Dalat hostel are all really well rated so it can be hard to choose your Dalat accommodation. Da Lat friendly fun is a super social hostel hosting family dinner every night along with free drinks and karaoke. The family that owned the hostel were so lovely and also got involved.
3. Dalat Secret Tour
Cost – 800,000 VND (£27)
Third on my list of Dalat attractions is the Secret Tour which I booked onto through my hostel. Unfortunately, I can’t say too much about it because it is a ‘Secret Tour’, but it is a totally unique experience. You meet some really interesting people and learn about a totally different culture. I would definitely recommend adding this to your list of things to do in Da lat as it was so eyeopening and a really fun day out.
After the ‘secret’ part of the tour you are served lunch and try lots of exotic fruit. Then in the afternoon you head to a coffee plantation, silk farm and cricket farm. You can even try some fried crickets as a quick snack!
4. Dalat Elephant Falls
Cost – Free
Elephants Falls is the second largest Dalat waterfall and this impressive site has to make it onto the list of Dalat attractions. It is named after a giant rock at the waterfall which supposedly resembles an Elephant. It has been named the most dramatic waterfall in the Lam Dong Province. There is a lookout platform at the top which stands at over 30m high and other viewing points at the bottom of the waterfalls. Walking around is quite treacherous so make sure you have good shoes.
5. Dalat Night Market
Cost – Free
The Dalat nightlife is certainly very vibrant and the Dalat night market really showcases this. The night market is found in Dalat city centre. You can get some great street food and souvenirs here and there’s a great atmosphere. I tried some Dalat food there – local pancakes and baked sweet potato.
6. Dalat Crazy House
Cost – 50,000 VND (£1.70)
The Crazy House, Dalat (officially named Hang Nga Guesthouse) is branded one for the worlds 10 most bizarre buildings, so is a must on your list of things to do in Dalat. You can stay the night here in one of the rooms with prices starting at $29 – a little different to your standard Dalat homestay.
It is definitely a totally unique Dalat attraction and really fun to wander round. Climbing up to the top of the house offers an amazing panoramic view across the city.
7. Maze Bar
Cost – 40,000 – 80,000 VND (£1.30 – £2.70)
If you are looking for an amazing Dalat bar look no further than the maze bar (aka 100 Rooms Cafe). You have to buy a drink to get into the maze, and then navigate your way around to find the bar. Here there are seats and a small outdoor roof terrace, looking over Dalat city. With a similar design to the crazy house this is a totally unique spot so a must on the list of Dalat attractions.
8. Datanla Waterfall
Cost – 30,000 – 150,000 VND (£1 – £6)
If you haven’t already guessed Dalat waterfalls are some of the best Dalat attractions. There is an entry fee of 30,000VND (£1) for the park where you can see the waterfall and walk around. There’s a cable car here waging is priced at 80,000VND (£2.20). You can also take the ‘alpine rollercoaster’ (a small toboggan) through the park. This costs 150,000VND (£6)
Don’t forget to check out my youtube videos from my time in Da Lat:
Enjoyed this list of Dalat attractions? Check out my other posts on Vietnam!
- 8 Dalat Attractions You Must SeeThis post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon Associates. This means that I will make a small commission from any purchases you make, at no extra cost to you.The boujie city of Dalat in Southern Vietnam was originally built as a French report town during Vietnam’s French colonial period. There is definitely a distinct European … Read more
- Hoi An Itinerary: 4 Days in Hội An VietnamOne of most travellers favourite SE destinations is Hoi An in Vietnam. Find out how to make the most of your time here in my Hoi An itinerary.
- Hoi An Guide: A Backpacker Travel Guide to Hội An VietnamThis post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon Associates. This means that I will make a small commission from any purchases you make, at no extra cost to you.The beautiful city of Hội An in Vietnam is definitely one of the most popular destinations amongst lots of Southeast Asia backpackers. There are so many things … Read more
- Things to do in Phong Nha: A Travel GuidePhong Nha Ke Bang National Park is a UNESCO world heritage site, home to the best Vietnam caves. Here are the best things to do in Phong Nha.
- My Experience at Castaways – Ha Long Bay, VietnamThis post may contain affiliate links, including Amazon Associates. This means that I will make a small commission from any purchases you make, at no extra cost to you.For those of you who don’t know, Castaways Island is a private island owned by Vietnam Backpacker Hostels (VBH). I booked it back in February, 3 months … Read more
- Things to do in Ninh Binh: A Guide to Trang An and the Ninh Binh ProvinceTrang An is a beautiful scenice area found in the Ninh Binh province. Often named Halong Bay on land, here the best things to do in Ninh Binh.
- Mai Chau: A 3 Day GuideMai Chau is a beautiful rural destination in northwestern Vietnam. Mai Chau is the perfect location to relax and explore rural Vietnam.